It’s that time of the week again everybody! A chance for me to express to you all what I have been grateful and thankful for this week, and a chance for you to think about the things you are grateful for too. I have lived up to my promise to myself and I have started a gratitude journal which I have entered into everyday without fail.
Here is a short video from Brene Brown about gratitude and how it has been the single most important thing in changing her life for the better, just to get you in the mood for gratitude!
“Its not joy that makes us grateful, it’s gratitude that makes us joyful.”
What I have been grateful for this week
- The opportunity to cook a nice homemade meal for friends. This weekend we had our friends over to stay. They are really brilliant with Joe and basically play with and entertain him the whole time they are here so it gives me and Rob a bit of a breather! So while they were entertaining him I was able to spend some time making a really tasty meal- slow cooked pulled pork, homemade flat breads, salad, chips and corn on the cob and best of all I got to share it with some of the people I love best in the world.
- Me and Rob snuggled on sofa with Joe on our lap watching postman pat.This may seem a very basic thing to be grateful for, but in that moment, with us all together in such innocence I had such a strong wave of love and emotion for my little family. That moment was the picture of what I had imagined having a child, and having a happy normal family would be like.
- Listening to “Wolfmother” in the car with Rob and Joe. Sometimes there is nothing better than cranking up the tunes in the car with the people you love and doing a bit of in-car moshing. Especially when its a song or an album you haven’t listened to for ages.
- Seeing my friend so happy. I met up with a friend who I haven’t seen for a few weeks for a playdate at rascals. She had been going through a really tough time with the ending of her marriage and the prospect of being a single parent. But when I saw her this time she had a light in her eyes and looked more like herself, a new flatmate, new hope and a new lease for life. She had picked herself up and dusted herself off and just got on with things. To see her happy again made me so happy.
- Watching Joe chase ducks and having fun Its amazing to me to see my little Joe running to chase ducks, or toddling from place to place. Just a few weeks ago he couldn’t walk, but now he is off like a rocket! There is joy in every step.
Thanks for reading about what I’m grateful for this week. I hope you have had plenty to be thankful for too.